I am a PhD student at the University of Hong Kong under the supervision of Prof. Bruno Oliveira. My research interests are centered around programming languages. I received my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Technology from Chu Kochen Honors College of Zhejiang University in 2019. I was an exchange student at Tokyo Institute of Technology under the supervision of Prof. Hidehiko Masuhara in 2017.
During the undergraduate years, I was the founder of ZJU Apple Club and a member of ZJU Supercomputing Team. I led the development of Qiushichao Mobile for iOS, which has been the most popular campus app at Zhejiang University.
I graduated from Yangzhou High School of Jiangsu Province, which is also China's ex-president Jiang's alma mater.
My Chinese name is 「孫耀珠」. For your information, it reads 「ソンヨウジュ」 in Japanese and 「손요주」 in Korean.
University of Hong Kong
» Programming Languages Group
Doing research on compositional programming based on disjoint intersection types, disjoint polymorphism, and nested composition.
Tokyo Institute of Technology
» Programming Research Group
Conducted research on object-oriented high performance computing and contributed to Ikra-Ruby, a Ruby Gem for array-based GPU computing, and Ikra-Cpp, a C++/CUDA EDSL for OOP with the structure-of-arrays memory layout.
- Matthias Springer, Yaozhu Sun, and Hidehiko Masuhara. Inner Array Inlining for Structure of Arrays Layout [paper] [slides]. In Proceedings of the 5th ACM SIGPLAN International Workshop on Libraries, Languages, and Compilers for Array Programming, co-located with PLDI. Philadelphia, USA, 19 June 2018.
Microsoft Research Asia
» Machine Learning Group » Research Intern
Apr 2019 - July 2019
» Compilers and Programming Languages Lab » Software Engineering Intern
July 2018 - Aug 2018
- First Prize, ASC Student Supercomputer Challenge, May 2018.
- Second Prize, Mobile Application Innovation Contest, China Collegiate Computing Contest, Sept 2016.
- Bronze Award (Parallel Optimization), Parallel Application Challenge, China, Nov 2015.
- First Prize (Jiangsu, China), National Olympiad in Informatics in Provinces , Dec 2012.
- Teaching Assistant, Programming Principle (21190650), Zhejiang University, Autumn 2018.
Room 430, Chow Yei Ching Building,
The University of Hong Kong,
Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong