I am a PhD student at the University of Hong Kong under the supervision of Prof. Bruno Oliveira.
My research revolves around programming languages.
I received my Bachelor's degree from Chu Kochen Honors College of Zhejiang University in 2019.
I was an exchange student at Tokyo Institute of Technology under the supervision of Prof. Hidehiko Masuhara in 2017.
During the undergraduate years, I was the founder of ZJU Apple Club and a member of ZJU Supercomputing Team.
I led the development of Qiushichao Mobile for iOS, which has been the most popular campus app at Zhejiang University.
My name in Traditional Chinese is 孫 耀珠.
For your information, it is read as ソンヨウジュ in Japanese and 손요주 in Korean, both of which can be romanized as Son Yoju.
If you find Chinese romanization hard to read, feel free to pronounce my name in Japanese or Korean style.
University of Hong Kong
» Programming Languages Group
Doing research on compositional programming based on disjoint intersection types, disjoint polymorphism, and nested composition.
Tokyo Institute of Technology
» Programming Research Group
Conducted research on object-oriented high-performance computing and contributed to Ikra-Ruby, a Ruby Gem for array-based GPU computing, and Ikra-Cpp, a C++/CUDA EDSL for OOP with the structure-of-arrays memory layout.
Microsoft Research Asia
» Machine Learning Group » Research Intern
Apr 2019 - July 2019
Huawei 2012 Labs
» Compilers and Programming Languages Lab » Software Engineering Intern
July 2018 - Aug 2018
- First Prize, ASC Student Supercomputer Challenge, May 2018.
- Second Prize, Mobile Application Innovation Contest, China Collegiate Computing Contest, Sept 2016.
- Bronze Award , Parallel Application Challenge, China, Nov 2015.
- First Prize , National Olympiad in Informatics in Provinces, China, Dec 2012.
- Teaching Assistant, Design and Analysis of Algorithms (COMP3250A), University of Hong Kong, Spring 2021.
- Teaching Assistant, Programming Principle (21190650), Zhejiang University, Autumn 2018.
Desk K, Room LG105, Composite Building,
The University of Hong Kong,
Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong